Alden Lakeland offers an intensive, outcome-driven Stroke Recovery Program for those who have suffered a stroke or other traumatic brain injury. A customized Treatment Plan is tailored to each individual’s needs and abilities that teaches patients how to move correctly again. The goal of our Stroke Recovery Program is to help individuals regain some to most of the functionality they may have lost.
The Right Team and Equipment
An interdisciplinary team of therapists, nurses, social workers and other health professionals—led by a board-certified physician—provides a full range of neurological recovery and brain injury rehabilitative services based on your health history, medical needs and outcome goals. At Alden Lakeland, we have the equipment and modalities needed to help our patients achieve their maximum functionality:
- Equipment such as a treadmill, recumbent bike, Flexistand and gym balls to improve motor performance and minimize impairment
- Therapeutic ultrasound unit, E-stim and short-wave diathermy treatments that enhance recovery by helping manipulate muscle tone and alleviate pain and stiffness
- Gentle electrical stimulation and patterned electrical neuromuscular stimulation to help manage pain, re-educate muscles and increase range of motion
- Medication management, cognitive retraining and psychological consultations to provide motivation and address anxiety, depression and other side effects of stroke
- Case management and community re-entry services to ensure a smooth transition to home
At Alden Lakeland, our patients receive comprehensive coordinated care, education and the tools needed to restore the skills necessary to return home.